Monday, February 21, 2011

A snapshot of the past year...

As the title implies, I thought I would put together a small collage of images from last year's events. Small, because I am notoriously bad at remembering to take pictures of my work! Most of these are from the renfest of which I have spoken before.

Winter is still firmly entrenched in my little corner of the world, however the warmer seasons are approaching so I have been taking stock and brushing off the cones (so to speak) in preparation. It is always fun to look back and remember what I did and what designs people loved. Part of the joy in mehndi lies in making that connection with the people I adorn and in their own joy when they are happy with the design they get to wear for the next while. Another aspect to why I love henna is the joy of tackling new designs and images, of meeting the challenge of a new request.

So as the weather warms it will be time to look forward, time to use these images as a springboard to challenge myself with designs both new and familiar. I can hardly wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment