Friday, March 18, 2011

Good food, lovely music, fun atmosphere - what's not to love?

Last week I had the good fortune to fill in for another artist for the local Yelp Elite gathering. It was a very enjoyable evening at Mango Shiva, a lovely restaurant in downtown Calgary. We sampled some tasty new dishes while enjoying the live music - and if I can find the names of the musicians I will post them for you. I thought they were fabulous!
My table was right next to the kitchen (and the ovens where they bake the naan bread) slightly away from the main crowd which was meant no one was being jostled - including me. I happily found a steady stream of ladies looking for henna and the designs flowed well. I always love it when a customer is sincerely happy with their designs. I even spotted a couple nice reviews on the Yelp site.
Naturally I neglected to bring a camera, not that I had much time for snapping pictures but you can see a few shots of my work here...

No comments:

Post a Comment